When the changing lifestyle and eating habits one of five people is experiencing constipation. Constipation is a type of digestive condition in which individuals have hard feces that are very hard to expel. This condition is common in both men and women, it can affect you at any age.
Most people think that if they have a regular bowel movement then constipation won’t affect them. It is more complicated than you think, that’s why I have decided to write this article all about causes, symptoms, and treatments related to constipation. You will also read how CBD can boost good gut health.
Symptoms and causes of constipation
The symptoms of constipation start with difficulty in passing stools, passing fewer stools can also be symptoms of constipation. Other symptoms are as follows,
- Passing three fewer stools in a week
- Having hard and lumpy stools
- Having difficulty in bowel movements
- Having difficulty in clearing your rectum
- Feeling nauseous and bloated
- Loss in appetite
- Stomach ache and cramps
Constipation starts when the colon starts absorbing too much water. To much water is absorbed because of muscles slow movement. Here you will read about some common causes for constipation.
- If you lack in fiber diet then there are more chances of constipation. It is very important to consume food which is a rich source of fibers such as vegetables, fruits, and whole grains. Fiber boosts the bowel movement which reduces the possibility of constipation.
- If you are physically inactive then you will develop constipation. Physical inactivity is the main reason for constipation in older adults.
- Some medications can also lead to constipation like amitriptyline, phenytoin, diltiazem, basaljel and many more.
- Consuming milk and other dairy products can trigger constipation
- Pregnancy in women can cause constipation
- If you are not drinking enough water then also you can develop constipation
- If you are not using the toilet when required then it can make stool drier and harder
- When the person gets old his metabolism becomes weak and he is inactive physically which can cause constipation
- The sudden change in routine like sleeping time, waking up time, and change in meal time can trigger constipation
- If you are having some medical disorder with colon or rectum such as scar tissue, and narrow rectum can cause constipation
CBD & CBD for gut health
CBD is a natural compound which is found in different strains of the hemp plant. CBD is extracted through different processes like olive oil extraction and CO2 extraction method. Extracted CBD has no strain of THC which makes it non psychoactive in nature. CBD is used for treating a number of medical conditions such as cancer, anxiety, depression, bipolar, ADD, ADHD, stroke and many more.
With the different therapeutic properties of CBD, it can be used for reducing the symptoms of constipation. For having good health the good health of the gut is very important. Like other foods, CBD plays a major role in improving gut health. The endocannabinoid system of our body participates in the gastrointestinal function when CBD is consumed it binds with different receptors which are found in the digestive system. CBD reduces the inflammation in the bowel and obesity.
CBD is available in different forms like oil, wax, tincture, and isolate. In constipation, you can use CBD oil in your food or drink to gain benefits. You can also consume CBD oil orally just by dropping a few drops of it under your tongue. The tincture is also consumed orally just by dropping it under your tongue. Before consuming the CBD make sure you consult the doctor for the right amount of CBD.
Conclusion On CBD for gut health
Nowadays even children are suffering from constipation, if proper care is not given then constipation can stop you from having a healthy lifestyle. With the given symptoms you can identify constipation and causes can help you to prevent yourself from constipation. If you are satisfied with medication then use CBD for reducing the symptoms of constipation. CBD is available in different forms and it can be consumed very easily.
I hope, all the given information is useful to you, if you have any suggestions or questions related to this article then feel free to ask.
Thank you for reading.
Interesting Read: Benefits Of CBD Oil For Dogs